Code of Conduct and FAQ’s
Public transit requires sharing space and playing well with others. Our rules are made to encourage good behavior. Please follow them accordingly.
- You must wear a shirt and shoes.
- Keep all belongings on your lap or at your feet. Do not leave belongings unattended or allow them to block aisles or obstruct seats. GoGEO is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Smoking and the use of other tobacco products, including electronic cigarettes, vaporizers or chewing tobacco are prohibited on board, at transit centers, and within 15 feet of any bus stop.
- Do not bring food or open drink containers on board. Beverages are permitted in spill-proof or screw-top containers.
- Do not engage in disruptive behavior, loud conversation, profanity, insults, threats, horseplay or fighting.
- Animals are not permitted on board except service animals assisting a rider with a disability, or a service animal in training. While on board, service animals must be maintained under the rider’s seat, in their lap or beside a wheelchair.
- Do not interfere with the operation of the vehicle, including talking to an operator while the vehicle is in motion.
- Consumption or possession of alcoholic beverages on board and at stops is prohibited. Illegal weapons, explosives, wet cell batteries, flammable/combustible material such as gasoline, kerosene or propane, and other hazardous items are not permitted on board.
What do I do if I left an item on the bus?
You can reach our Lost and Found at 512-478-RIDE (7433). Items will be kept at the CARTS Georgetown Station, 3620 S Austin Ave, Georgetown, TX 78626.
What if I use a wheelchair?
All of our buses and vans are wheelchair accessible.
Can I tip my driver?
Our drivers enjoy their jobs and a simple thank you is enough.
Who do I call if my bus is late or I want to thank my driver?
Call 512-478-RIDE (7433).
Can I eat or Drink on the bus?
Do not bring food or open containers of drinks on board. Beverages are permitted in spill-proof or screw-top containers.
Can I bring shopping bags on the bus?
Keep all belongings on your lap or at your feet. Do not leave belongings unattended or allow them to block aisles or obstruct seats. GoGEO is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
What are the hours of operation?
Monday -Friday: 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
How much does it cost to ride?
$2 each way. Discounted fares do not apply.
Who operates the bus?
Capital Area Rural Transit System operates the bus for the City of Georgetown through a contract with Capital Metro.